Prepare for Your Visit
Please review this checklist in preparation for your visit with us:
- Make sure St. Francis Medical Center is in-network for your plan. We do see patients with out-of-network plans, but you may incur a larger out-of-pocket expense. Contact your insurance company to confirm your benefit coverage.
- Talk to your doctor. Talk with your doctor about referring you to St. Francis Medical Center if a referral is required by your insurance company.
- Obtain approval from your insurance company. Check with your insurance company for coverage and any pre-authorization requirements for the care you're seeking.
- Your insurance may request the Tax ID number for St. Francis Medical Center to determine your benefits. Our Tax ID number is 72-0408970.
- Make sure you have the financial means to cover your visit. For example, you may need to pay for unmet deductibles, copayments, unmet out-of-pocket expenses, self-pay deposits, transportation, meals and lodging. You will be asked to pay your estimated patient responsibility at the point of registration before services are rendered.
- If you are uninsured please review our Financial Assistance Program found here.
Scheduling and Pre-registration
- Please work with your physician to schedule your appointment at St. Francis Medical Center.
- Once your appointment is scheduled you may receive a call and/or text message up to three business days prior to your appointment. If you have multiple appointments, please follow the instructions for the earlier appointment provided unless otherwise specified by your physician.
- Please note: We highly recommend that you contact your insurance company to determine benefits and coverage for the facility at which you are requesting appointment(s.)
- During the week before your appointment, a representative from Patient Access Services may contact you. The purpose of this call will be to obtain:
- Current address
- Phone number
- Employer information (if any)
- Information about insurance benefits and/or payment arrangements
- Depending on your insurance carrier, the representative may be able to answer your questions about co-payments or deductibles.
Unless otherwise notified, the first stop for patients scheduled to receive care at St. Francis Medical Center, downtown campus, is the Admissions Office. Here you will be asked to update information and check-in for your visit. Admissions is located on the first floor of the main hospital building just inside the front lobby to the left.
For any questions regarding an upcoming inpatient stay or outpatient surgery or procedure, please call Admissions at (318) 966-4116.
Your registration process will be easier and quicker, if you bring the following documents and information:
- Insurance card(s)
- Medicare card/Medicaid card
- Driver's license
- Social Security number
- Doctor's orders (if available)
- Authorization (HMO/PPO patients) or pre-certification document
Patients are asked not to bring items of value to the hospital. Upon hospital admission, send valuables home with family members. If no family is present, ask the nurse to make arrangements to secure your valuables in the hospital safe. The hospital does not accept responsibility for items of value unless they are deposited in the safe. Your nurse will help you retrieve your item(s) from the safe upon discharge.
Additional Admission Areas
- St. Francis Community Health Center - 2600 Tower Drive, Monroe
- Radiology/Lab - Admissions, Suite 107
- Pre-Surgery Clinic - Suite 204
- Kitty DeGree Breast Center (appointment only) - Suite 409
- St. Francis P&S Surgery & Heart Center, 312 Grammont Street, Monroe
- Kitty DeGree Breast Health Imaging (walk-ins) - P&S Building, 312 Grammont Street, Monroe, Suite 401
We know hospitalization can be difficult. From the moment you become our patient, our goal is to get you back home as quickly and safely as possible. Our discharge goal is 11 a.m. daily on most units. Please make every effort to be ready to leave by this time (i.e. have transportation arranged, etc.). Because many factors can impact your time of discharge such as waiting on diagnostic results, etc., your nurse will keep you informed if your discharge will be later than 11 a.m.
Please make sure you take all of your belongings with you when leaving your hospital room. Once you arrive home and discover you left something, call our Security Department at (318) 966-7232. Unclaimed items are kept for 30 days.