At St. Francis Medical Center we know having a new bundle of joy join your family is one of life's most important times. We welcome nearly 2,000 babies into the world each year. Our Level III OB unit offers a warm, homelike atmosphere complete with qualified, supportive staff and physicians. We are committed to making your birthing experience one that is safe, comfortable and memorable.
- Level III OB Unit (highest level in the area)
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (highest level in the area)
- Special bonding time with infant after delivery (for all full-term, healthy babies we provide at least one hour of skin-to-skin time after delivery as well as performing the admission of your newborn in the delivery suite to minimize separation of mom and bab)
- Quiet time observed daily 2pm - 4pm
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
- Prenatal classes including breastfeeding and ABCs of Baby Care (click here to sign up)
- Convenient pre-registration by calling (318) 966-3328, Monday - Thursday 9 am - 4 pm
- Tours of the labor/delivery/nursery areas by calling 966-4188 or click here to register
- Experienced labor and delivery, OB & well baby nursery team members
- Homelike labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- GIFT-certified Breastfeeding Program and access to a Certified Lactation Consultant in hospital; 24-hour breastfeeding hotline at (318) 966-4043
- Rooming-in is encouraged
- Baby care instructional materials for home
- Infant CPR instruction on TV for viewing during hospital stay
- Hearing screening test
- Infant security - many steps have been taken to protect both mom and baby. Visitors are required to have a picture ID and check in with security upon arrival to the hospital. The Safe Place infant security system is in place to ensure your newborn is always in a safe, secure environment. Your newborn will have a monitor on their ankle from birth until discharge.
- Turtle tub - option to have your newborn bathed in your room with the use of our mobile Turtle Tub. This allows our staff to educate the proper technique to safely bathe your newborn while still keeping them warm. This also allows parents to take part in their newborn's first bath.
- Mom 365 professional in-room portrait session is offered to each family. Our photographers will come to your room and take beautiful photos of your newborn, as well as both parents if desired. Every mom is given an 8 x 10 keepsake photo as well as the option to purchase additional packages.
The St. Francis WIC Clinic is located at 3510 Medical Park Drive, Suite 7. Call (318) 966-6160 for an appointment time.